This was to have been the weekend of the Waterfront 10k. I’m really aware of how much slower I am than I would want to be doing that race. My walk this Saturday morning was to and from my daughter’s house for a total of about 9 k. It took me an hour to get there; you do the math! Mitigating circumstances:
- I was wearing a mask and on the lookout for people
- It is uphill the whole way
- I kept having to step off the sidewalk to give people 2 metres.
Still, it’s clear that I will have some serious work to do to get back into any kind of race time. And when will that be?
Some good signs on the horizon.
- 10 Covid vacines are being tested on humans right now
- The Canadian government has a tracking app ready for deployment
- Rates are down. Distancing is working.
Still, I’m not confident there will be a Waterfront race next year. Maybe when I’m 74!